Window Well Extensions
- Window well extensions made from rust-resistant galvanized steel
- Suitable for all metal window wells
- Small Window Wells: Foundation Vent Wells, 24” Projection Rectangular, Semi-Circle, and Elongated Wells
- Large Window Wells: Large Egress and Non-Egress Compliant
- Shapes available: elongated, half-circle, U-shaped
- 30-Year Warranty Of Most Wells
The window well extenders will adjust your metal well’ height to accommodate your basement’s depth for a safe and code-compliant fire exit.
The metal window well extensions are a shorter version of the standard wells. Usually, they are about 12″ tall. They are installed outside of an existing window well, enabling the grade to be raised at the foundation wall. With one of our lovely window well scenes, it will bring light, color, and style to any home design.
Why And When Are Window Well Extensions Needed?
- In short – so that water will flow away from the building. Window well extensions are necessary to help correct grading around established homes to compensate for the ground settling.
- They are needed when the basement window extends higher than the top edge of the window well.
- They are necessary when the window well is not at least two inches above the landscape grade.
Do Window Wells Work?
Yes! The metal well extensions can be the difference between a wet and a dry basement!
Sizes And Specifications
Extensions can be any size well, provided by Window Well Experts. Check out our metal well options HERE.
If your size is not available, we will do our best to get a size that will work the best with your existing well. Feel free to contact our sales team at 1-888-650-9355 or fill out our online free quote form for a personal consultation.
Get a Free Quote!
Step 1: Subscribe to Receive Your Measurement Guide
I am a…
or call us anytime at
We Ship Anywhere in the US and Canada
Get printable instructions on how to measure your window and foundation for a window well.
- Except for the fiberglass/composite wells, any of the wells we offer are suitable for extensions.
- We will do our best to match the dimensions and pictures you provide. Likely it will be a close fit, but we cannot guarantee a perfect fit. It would be your responsibility to determine the well dimensions and shape to ensure that it would work for your application.
Browse though all metal basement wells, HERE.
Note: Stone finish fiberglass wells are NOT suitable for extensions. For other options, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team at 1-888-650-9355.
No. A window well extension will not make a window well egress compliant. However, if the original well is egress-compliant, then the extension will be too.
If ordering a well for bedroom egress, check with your local building inspector to verify your code requirements before ordering or installing any window well.
- Well depth must be 8″-12″ below the lower sill of the basement window
- Well depth (above ground) must allow the well to extend a minimum 2″-3″ above grade (soil level)
- Well width must provide at least 2″ on either side of the basement window.
Just like our window well covers our window wells are built to last and add value to your home.
Anywhere in the United States & Canada!
Order your window well now & we will ship it directly to your home or work site!
Having doubts about which window well size is best for you? Call now & get a free consultation with a Window Well Expert!
Get a Free Quote!
In order to get a free quote, enter your email below to get your measuring guide: